Tatkal Ticket Reservation of Indian Railways has been a easiest process of getting train tickets before one day in advance excluding the date of journey from the train originating station. But some peoples don't know about the tatkal reservation rules. So today, we are telling you about the rules of tatkal reservation system.
The Tatkal reservation rules were introduced in 1997. Since 1997, the rules of tatkal reservation have been changed many times. Tatkal tickets can be booked one day in advance excluding the date of journey from the train originating station. Tatkal tickets for AC class tickets can be booked from 10 a.m. while non-AC class tickets can be booked from 11 a.m.
Rules of Tatkal Reservation System:
1. No refund will be granted on cancellation of confirmed Tatkal tickets. For contingent cancellation and waitlisted Tatkal ticket cancellations, charges will be deducted as per existing Railway rules.
2. You cannot get a refund if your waiting-list or RAC Tatkal ticket gets confirmed at any time up to the preparation of the final passenger chart.
3. Refund shall be made if the RAC or waitlisted tickets is cancelled up to 30 minutes before the scheduled departure.
4. If the train is delayed by more than 3 hours or the train is cancelled then you can file TDR (Ticket Deposit Receipt) for refund.
5. Maximum 4 passengers per PNR can be booked tatkal tickets.
6. Modification is not allowed in any condition of Tatkal ticket.
7. Tatkal bookings are allowed in all classes except First AC.
8. Tatkal ticket charges have been fixed as 10% of basic fare for second class and 30% of basic fare for all other classes subject to minimum and maximum as given in the table below-
|Class of Travel||Minimum Tatkal|
|AC Chair Car||125||225|
|AC 3 Tier||300||400|
|AC 2 Tier||400||500|