PRS Counter Ticket
What is PRS Counter Ticket?
PRS stands for Passenger Reservation System. Which means mostly all of the railway stations will have this PRS Counters to book tickets through offline.
RAC (Reservation Against Cancellation) Counter Ticket:
RAC passengers can travel in the train.
Waiting list (GNWL, PQWL, RLWL, TQWL), RAC, RAC+WL, Counter Ticket:
No, according to rules WL passengers can't travel in Resevered Class (1A, 2A, 3A & SL). If you have Confirm+RAC, Confirm+Waiting, RAC, RAC+Waiting list ticket, passengers can travel in the train for which class tickets have been booked.
If Waiting Ticket List is not confirmed, the passenger should travel only in Unreserved (General) Coach or he has to cancel the ticket.
Cancellation of PRS counter tickets:
- PRS counter tickets can be cancelled throughIRCTC website.
- PRS counter can be cancelled through Railway Enquiry 139.
- Cancellation through SMS.
- SMS to 139
- Type CANCEL#(PNR Number)#(Train Number) to 139.
- # means Space .
- For example : CANCEL 1234567890 12952 send to 139.
- The permissible refundable amount shall be collected only at the journey commencing station or nearby satellite PRS locations defined by Zonal Railway within the prescribed time limit.
For cancellation of Confirmed Tickets more than 48 hours advance of the scheduled departure of the train.
Flat cancellation charges per passenger:-
- AC first/Executive class - Rs.240/-
- AC-2tier/1st class - Rs.200/-
- AC-3tier/AC chair car, AC-3Economy - Rs.180/-
- Sleeper - Rs.120/-
- Second class - Rs.60/-
RAC/WL Ticket Cancellation Charges / Clerk Charges:
Per Passenger Charge (GST Additional for AC Class)