Foreign Tourist Quota Ticket Booking
Foreign Tourists (including NRIs) holding valid passport can now avail Foreign Tourist Quota facility to book railway tickets online using IRCTC eTicketing website www.irctc.co.in.
International Users can book tickets under Foreign Tourist Quota upto 365 days in advance. For bookings done within current Advance Reservation Period (ARP), berths will be allocated at the time of booking. While for bookings done beyond current ARP period, berths will be provided at the later stage when allotted by Railways PRS system at the time of opening the ARP. Users will be notified about berth allocation through International SMS facility. At present, ARP on Indian Railways is 120 days.
Steps to avail Foreign Tourist Quota
- New users are required to register on the website www.irctc.co.in.
- Individual registration is free.
- Valid mobile number and valid email id are mandatory to register as individual user.
- Please click on sign up link on home page of www.irctc.co.in
- Old Foreign and NRI users are required to Update and verify their mobile number through Update profile option on IRCTC e-Ticketing website.
- Using Update profile option on IRCTC e-Ticketing website, Foreign Tourists and NRIs should first submit and verify International mobile number in their profile.
- To verify the provided mobile number, an OTP will be sent.
- User must submit the received OTP to complete the verification process.
After getting logged in select "Foreign Tourist Ticket Booking" link under "Services" option of IRCTC eTicketing website.
- User can book tickets under Foreign Tourist Quota upto 365 days in advance.
- Available classes of travel under Foreign Tourist Quota are Executive Class (EC), 1st AC (1A) and 2nd AC (2A).
- User has to provide valid Passport number of each passenger at the time of booking tickets.
- All SMS communications from IRCTC will be sent on mobile number submitted and verified by user while updating profile.
- For payment of ticket booking amount, User has the option to make payment using International Debit/Credit card.
- After successful payment and booking of ticket, Booking SMS and confirmation mail will be sent on registered mobile number and e-mail id respectively.
- Registration / profile updation (mobile number) fee for International /NRI User is Rs. 100 + GST.
- There is a Service Charge of Rs 200 + GST per ticket booked in addition to Rail Ticket fare under Foreign Tourist Quota through IRCTC eTicketing website.
- In case of cancellation by User, 50% of the fare shall be deducted in addition to the cancellation charges. Time limits for cancellation of tickets booked online are as per extant rules set by Indian Railway.
- In case berth is not allotted by Railway PRS system, ticket will be automatically cancelled and Cancellation SMS / Email with details will be sent to the user on registered mobile number / email id respectively.
- If booking amount has been debited from customer’s bank account and ticket was not issued, IRCTC will refund the entire Fare and IRCTC service charges electronically (as credit to the relevant credit /debit card account used for the transaction).
- Refunds amount if any, will be credited only in the account which was used for ticket booking.
- IRCTC's payment reconciliation team works on a 24 x 7 basis, IRCTC offers no guarantees whatsoever for the accuracy or timeliness of the refunds reaching the Customers card/bank accounts. This is on account of the multiplicity of organizations involved in processing of online transactions, the problems with Internet infrastructure currently available and working days/holidays of financial institutions.
- All refund will be processed as per extant Railway Refund Rules.
Foreign Tourist Releated Topics