Rajkot Division Western Railway
History of Rajkot Division dates back to 1879, when Railway connection to Saurashtra Region was made by Bombay, Baroda and Central India Railway, extending their broad gauge section up to Wadhwan, now known as Surendranagar (also called "The gate way of kathiawar").
In 1948, consequent to the integration of States of Kathiawar, all Railways in this area were amalgamated into a single unit under control of Saurashtra State Government and came to be known as Saurashtra Railway.
As a result of Federal financial integration with effect from 1.4.1950, Railway system came under the control of Government of India and Western Railway came into existence on 05.11.1951. Originally, Railway system of entire Saurashtra was under Gondal Region with three districts, having their headquarters at Jamnagar, Junagadh and Bhavnagar. Consequent upon the divisionalisation, two divisions were formed on 1.8.1956 with Rajkot and Bhavnagar as their headquarters.
Rajkot-Jamnagar section was opened to traffic in 1897, Surendranagar - Rajkot section in 1905 and Jamnagar - Khambhaliya - Gorinja-Okha in 1922. SurendranagarViramgam section was converted into Meter Gauge in the year 1902.
Viramgam-Hapa section was converted in to Broad Guage on 17.06.1980 and Hapa - Okha section in 24.04.1984. Gauge conversion of Wankarner -Navlakhi- Malia Miana section has been completed on 21.12.2002.
Rajkot Division comprises of 596.67 route KMs of Broad Gauge. Rajkot division serves Saurashtra region of Gujarat. It extends from Viramgam to Okha, and Wankaner to Maliya Miyana - Navlakhi. Jurisdiction of Rajkot Division is Okha - Viramgam, Wankaner - Morvi - Navlakhi, Dahisara - Maliya, Rajkot - Bhaktinagar. After the formation of ADI division w.e.f. 01.04.2003, the Mehsana region of Gujarat was transferred to ADI division.
Postal Address of Rajkot Division:Divisional Railway Manager DRM Office
Kothi Compound Rajkot, Gujarat
Pin - 360001.
DRM Rajkot Twitter A/c - @wrdrmrjt