Retiring Room - Staying at the station
What is Railways Retiring Room?
Railways Retiring Rooms are rooms which are available on Railway Stations across India, They are available in Single, Double and Dormitory type of occupancy with AC and Non AC combination.
What is the duration of Booking?
Minimum 12 Hrs to Maximum 48 Hrs.
What are the rules for Cancellation of Retiring Rooms?
- Deduction of 10% on cancellation in advance of 48 hrs of the day of occupation.
- Deduction of 50% on cancellation within a period of less than 48 hrs to the day of occupation.
- Deduction of 100% on cancellation on the day of occupation.
- Passenger wise cancellation is not allowed , only Room wise cancellation is allowed.
- If more than one room/dormitory is booked and cancellation is being done for few room/dormitory then cancellation rule 1, 2 and 3 will be applicable for room/dormitory as per case.
How would be the Room Accommodation?
Permissible combinations as are under:
- For one passenger, one Single Bed Room or One Double Bed Room or One Bed in Dormitory can be allocated.
- For two passengers, One Double Bed Room or Two Bed in Dormitory can be allocated.
- For three passengers, (One Double Bed Room + One Single Bed Room) or Three Bed in Dormitory can be allocated.
- For four passengers, Two Double Bed Rooms or Four bed in Dormitory can be allocated.
- For five passengers, Two Double Bed Rooms or Five bed in Dormitory can be allocated.
- For Six passengers, Two Double Bed Rooms or Six bed in Dormitory can be allocated.
How is service Tax being charged?
- Levying of service tax @14.5% of the tariff of the room/bed.
- Levying of rate of service tax is configurable and managed by terminal application.
- Room and slot wise service tax is applicable.
- If the tariff of the room/bed is equal or greater than rupees five hundred for 12 hrs slot then service tax will be applicable.
- If the tariff of the room/bed is equal or greater than rupees one thousand for 24 hrs slot then service tax will be applicable.
- For 36 and 48 hrs slot levying of service tax will be applicable as per above two points.
How is Extension Charge being charged?
If a room is being booked in single transaction for more than 24 hrs periods in combination of slots (12+24,24+12 and 24+24) then second slot assumes as extension of booking of first slot and 25% extra tariff of the second slot is being charged i.e.
|First Slot (Tariffs)||Second Slot (Tariffs)|| Total Tariffs|
|12 Hrs (100)||12 Hrs (100)||100+100=200|
|12 Hrs (100)||24 Hrs (100)||100+(200+50)=350|
|24 Hrs (200)||12 Hrs (100)||200+(100+25)=325|
|24 Hrs (200)||24 Hrs (200)||200+(200+50)=450|
How is IRCTC Service Charge being charged?
IRCTC Service Charge of Rs.20/- upto 24hrs for a Retiring Room and Rs.10/- upto 24hrs for a Dormitory Bed and of Rs.40/- from 24hrs to 48hrs for a Retiring Room and Rs.20/- from 24hrs to 48 hrs for a Dormitory Bed.
What is the Hourly Booking of Retiring Room ?
- Reservation Period
Minimum allowed reservation period is 3 hrs and maximum reservation period is 48 hrs for the available rooms and dormitories.
- Non- Principal Block
The 12 hrs period from 09 hrs to 21 hrs called as Non-Principal Block. The Non-Principal block can be booked hourly i.e. minimum 3 hrs and beyond.
- Principal Block
The 12 hrs period from 21 hrs to 09 hrs called as Principal Block. The principal block cannot be booked partially i.e hourly bookings would be not allowed in Principal Block in general.
Note: -The hourly booking would be allowed in the Principal Block for any rooms/dormitories only if the booking of the principal block get checked -out earlier to the schedule check out (on or after 09 hrs) i.e. prior to the 09 hrs.
- If the requested reservation Check-in is prior to the 21 hrs and check-out is after 21 hrs and before the 9 hrs then reservation would be allowed from prior to the 21 hrs to the 09 hrs.
- If the requested reservation Check-in is after the 21 hrs and before the 9 hrs while check-out is 09 hrs or after the 9 hrs then reservation would be allowed from 21 hrs to 09 hrs or after the 9 hrs.
- If the requested reservation Check-in is after the 21 hrs and before the 9 hrs while check-out before 09 hrs then reservation would be allowed from 21 hrs to 09 hrs.
- if the requested reservation check-in prior to the 21 hrs and check-out is after the 09 hrs then reservation would be allowed for the requested period.
- Tariff calculation.
|No. of Hours||Proposed Charges (base 100 for 24 hrs)|
|Beyond 24 hrs||As per above
- Levying of service tax: -
- The tariff of any particular room/ dormitory for the 24 hrs reservation period is called base tariff that is used to calculate hourly charges for the requested reservation period as per master tariff table.
- If the base tariff is greater than or equal to the rupees one thousand then service tax would be levied irrespective of the reservation period.
- If the base tariff is less than rupees one thousand and reservation period is less than or equal to the 24 hrs then no service tax would be levied.
- If the base tariff is less than rupees one thousand and reservation period is greater than 24 hrs then service tax would be levied to the additional period beyond 24 hrs i.e. extended period if average reservation charge per hour for the additional reservation period would be equal or greater than rupees 42.
- Total booking charges would be round off in multiple of rupees.
Terms & Conditions:
Can Retiring Room booked online ?Yes
Max No of passengers booked per ticket?
Number of Passenger booked on Train Ticket.
Can a Retiring Room be booked against Wait-listed ticket?
Can a Retiring Room be booked against RAC ticket?
Can a Retiring Room be booked against Confirmed ticket?
Max. time limit up to which tickets can be booked?
Upto Check IN
Is name change permissible?
Is Journey Alterations permissible?
If Retiring Room booked online, can it be cancelled through counter and vice versa?
Cancellation Online - Before Check In
Yes, As per policy.
Is ID Proof Required for Booking?
What are the Contact Details?
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 1800110139 between 10am to 6pm(Mon-Sat)
What is the Authority to Travel?
Electronic Reservation Slip printout issued by irctctourism.com
What are Booking Hours?
12:30 AM to 11:30 PM
Is PNR mandatory for the booking?
Can we get the lunch or dinner, when we booked the retiring room?
While booking, the amount was debited but ticket not booked. What should I do?
Amount would be refunded with in 7-10 working days in same account
What should I do if I don't see the confirmation of my booking on my screen?
Please check your Booking History or Email us at email@example.com or call us at 1800110139 between 10:00am to 6:00pm
Can partial cancellation be done?
How many bookings are allowed per PNR?
One Booking Per PNR(Onward/Return)
Assistance Releated Topics