Confirmed - CNFConfirmed + RACRAC StatusRAC + WLGNWL General PQWL Pooled QuotaRLWL Remote LocationTQWL Tatkal WaitingCharting Charting2018-04-12 12:312018-04-12 12:31eRailChartingCharting
Charting "Chart Prepared" or "Chart Not Prepared"
What is Charting in Railway?
- Charting - is the process of allocating the vacant seats of other quota to general/tatkal quota.
- There are many quotas under which the seats are assigned in Indian Railways.
- The first chart is usually prepared 4 hours before departure of train from originating station or remote location station.
- For early morning trains chart is prepared the night before.
- If the seats remain vacant in first chart, the remaining seats are made available for booking.
- The final chart is made 30min before departure of train.
- Some waiting list tickets are confirmed.
- Berth and coach number is assigned to all passengers having final status as confirmed or RAC.
- Fully waiting list e-tickets are automatically cancelled.
- Some passengers also get upgraded which means they get accommodation in higher class without paying any extra charge.
- Fully confirmed tickets cannot be cancelled after chart preparation.