/ Ticket Booking
/ Senior Citizen Reservation
Senior Citizen Reservation2018-04-12 12:312018-04-12 12:31eRailSenior Citizen ReservationSenior Citizen Reservation
Senior Citizens Quota, Reservation, Concession & Facilities in Railway
The following facilities have been extended from time to time Senior citizens:
- Senior Citizen Quota has been discontinued. Now no concession is given in any type of train.
- No concessional tickets allowed for Garib Rath, Gatimaan, Vande Bharat, Suvidha and Humsafar Train / Quota / Class.
- In the computerized Passenger Reservation System(PRS) there is a provision to allot lower berths to Senior Citizens, Female passengers of 45 years and above automatically, even if no choice is given, subject to availability of accommodation at the
time of booking.
- In all trains having reserved accommodation, a combined quota of two lower berths per coach has been earmarked in Sleeper, AC 3 tier and AC 2 tier classes for the following category of passengers when travelling alone:-
Accommodation is also unmarked for senior citizens during specified hours on suburban sections by Central & Western Railways.
Instructions exist for provision of wheel chairs at stations. This facility is provided, duly escorted by coolies (on payment) as per present practice. Moreover, Zonal Railways have also been advised to provide free of cost 'Battery Operated Vehicles for Disabled and Old Aged Passengers' at Railway Stations.
After departure of the train, if there are vacant lower berths available in the train, and if any physically handicapped person or senior citizen booked on the authority of handicapped concessional ticket, who has been allotted upper/middle berth,
approaches for allotment of vacant lower berths, the Conductor/Train Ticket Examiner (TTE) has been authorized to allot the vacant lower berth to them making necessary entries in the chart.
Separate counters are earmarked at various Passenger Reservation System(PRS) centers for dealing with the reservation requisitions received from Physically handicapped persons, Senior Citizens, Ex. MPs, MLAs, accredited journalists and freedom fighters, if the average demand par shift not less than 120 tickets. In case there is no justification for earmarking of an exclusive counter for any of these categories of persons including handicapped persons or senior citizens, one or two counters depending
upon the total demand are earmarked for dealing with the reservation requests for all these categories of persons.
- Senior Citizens;
- Female passengers aged 45 years and above; and
- Pregnant women.