Unreserved Ticketing System (UTS)
Issuing of UTS tickets:
- Passengers can purchase unreserved tickets 3 (Three) days in advance (Excluding the day of journey) for Journey of 200 (Two Hundred) kilometers and above.
- The passengers can purchase unreserved tickets involving journey of any distance on the same day.
- Passengers can purchase now half yearly (HST) & yearly (YST) season tickets also as per their requirement.
Types of Unreserved Tickets:
Paperless Ticket:- The passenger can book paperless Journey Ticket, Season Ticket and Platform Ticket through mobile application and ticket will be delivered in the mobile application itself. The passenger can travel without taking hardcopy of the ticket. Whenever Ticket Checking Staff asks for ticket, the passenger will use 'Show Ticket' option in the app.
- The smartphone should be GPS enabled to book paperless ticket.
- The paperless tickets are not allowed for cancellation.
- The journey should commence within one hour after booking paperless ticket.
- The Season ticket can be issued/renewed from mobile application and it will be valid from the next day of booking the ticket. No need of GPS for issue/renewal of Season Ticket.
- Platform Ticket can also be booked from Mobile application.
- In case passenger is not able to show the ticket on mobile then it is considered as ticketless travel.
Paper Ticket:- The passenger can book ticket through the mobile app. On booking of ticket, he/she will get Booking ID along with other ticket details. The booking details will also be available in booking history. The booking ID will also be conveyed through an SMS.
- After booking Paper ticket, Passenger can go to the journey originating (source) station to take ticket print out from any of the ATVM there, by entering his/her registered mobile number and booking ID. The Journey is valid only with printed ticket.
- The cancellation of Paper ticket is allowed either at the counter after printing the ticket or through the app before printing the ticket. However, in both the cases, cancellation fee is applicable.
- The journey should commence within one hour after printing paper ticket in the kiosk.
For Detailed Help, visit website:-
Cancellation of UTS Tickets:
Unused tickets on which no reservation has been made If a ticket on which no reservation of a seat or berth has been made is presented to the station master for cancellation, refund of fare shall be made on every such ticket after deducting the clerkage-
- The ticket is presented for cancellation within three hours of issue of ticket;
- In case of tickets issued in advance, the ticket is presented upto 24.00 hours of the day preceding the day of journey".
- Cancellation would be permitted only if the nodes are connected to the server and should not be permitted when they are in off line mode due to any reason.
- Cancellation of UTS tickets would not be permitted at JTBS counters.
How to download the utsonmobile app?
The downloadable mobile application is uploaded in the OEMs application store (i.e.) Android app in Google play store and windows app in Window app store. The passenger can download the mobile ticketing app from the appropriate application store. The application is free to download.
Click here to Download Android App
What is the service offered by utsonmobile app?
The services are offered by utsonmobile app in Android and Windows Smartphone only. The phone should have minimum GPRS connectivity to use the services.
- Booking of Suburban Ticket.
- Cancellation of Suburban ticket.
- Issue/Renew Season ticket.
- Booking of Platform ticket.
- Check R-Wallet balance.
- Surrender of R-Wallet.
- User profile management.
- Booking History.
What are the pre-requisites to avail the utsonmobile app service?
- The passenger should have Android and Windows Smartphone only.
- The phone should have minimum GPRS connectivity to use the services.
- The passenger has to deposit money in advance in their Railway Wallet(R-Wallet).
- In order to have paperless Journey and Platform tickets, the smart phone should be GPS enabled.
How to book a Journey Ticket?
- The passenger should have either Android or Windows utsonmobile apps.
- He/she should be a valid registered user in the Mobile ticketing System.
- The passenger should have sufficient money in their R-Wallet.
Ticket Booking Releated Topics