Safety in Railways
- Measures initiated by RPF for security of passengers and passenger area include escorting of trains including ladies compartments of suburban trains
- Access control at important railway stations, vigil on station platforms, yards and circulating areas against antisocial elements.
- Surveillance through CCTV cameras, detection of passenger related crime and arrest of criminals who are handed over to GRP for further legal action.
- The Railway officials such as Guard, TTE, RPF/ GRP Escort have been provided with complaint forms to enable the passengers to lodge a complaint regarding loss/theft of luggage etc. without breaking their journey.
- The RPF has been at the forefront of rescue of children found lost / abandoned / abused / trafficked / destitute / addicted to drugs, etc from railway premises and trains.
- Ensure smooth transportation of goods and passengers and to secure Railways during public agitations etc. Liaison / coordination is maintained with GRP / State Police / Central Intelligence Agencies to strengthen railway security.