Northern Railway Profile
The Northern Railway Zone was created on 14 April 1952 by merging Jodhpur Railway, Bikaner Railway, Eastern Punjab Railway and three divisions of the East Indian Railway north-west of Mughalsarai (Uttar Pradesh). It includes the first passenger railway line in North India, which opened from Allahabad and Kanpur on 3 March 1859.
Northern Railway : Website
Zonal Headquarters Office of Northern Railways:
Baroda House, New Delhi
Postal Address of General Manager Northern Railway:General Manager
General Manager NR Twitter A/c - @GM_NRly
- Ambala Railway Division, (Haryana).
- Delhi Railway Division, Delhi.
- Firozpur Railway Division, (Punjab).
- Lucknow Railway Division, (Uttar Pradesh).
- Moradabad Railway Division, (Uttar Pradesh).
Workshops of Northern Railways:
- Locomotive Workshop, Charbagh Railway Station, Lucknow.
- Carriage & Wagon Workshop, Alambagh Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh.
- Carriage & Wagon Workshop, Yamunanagar-Jagadhari Railway Station, Haryana
- Carriage & Wagon Workshop, Kalka Haryana.
- Bridge Workshop, Jalandhar Cantonment Punjab.
- Bridge Workshop, Lucknow Uttar Pradesh.
- Engineering Workshop, Jalandhar, Punjab.
- Signal & Telecom Workshop, Ghaziabad, Uttar Pradesh.
News & Announcement: Click here