- A reservation quota of two sleeper class berths has been earmarked in all trains running on non-suburban sections for handicapped persons performing their journey on handicapped concessional ticket. The person accompanying the handicapped person as escort is also allotted the berth out of this quota.
- In sub-urban trains, separate accommodation for handicapped persons has been earmarked.
- For the convenience of the physically challenged persons, facilities like Wheel Chairs have been provided at all important stations on the Indian Railways.
- In allotment of STD/PCO booths operated from the Railway Stations, 25% booths have been reserved for physically handicapped persons(including blind disability 40% and above).
2018-04-12 12:312018-04-12 12:31eRailHandicapped
- 'Completely Blind' persons are eligible for concession from a station to any station.
- Percentage of concession :
- AC I Class and AC 2 Tier - 50%
- Other Classes - 75%
- He may take one escort also in the same class on 50% or 75% concession.
- A certificate in the prescribed form issued by a Registered Medical Practitioner or the Head of a recognized blind institution should be produced.
- The certificate is valid for 5 years from the date of issue.
- Photo copy of the certificate is accepted, verified with the original & ticket is issued.
- The blind person need not come to the counter personally.
- While traveling the passenger should carry the original certificate.
- The escort of a blind child below 5 years gets concession, while the child travels 'free'.
- 'Seeing Eye dog' of a blind is allowed in I class and will be charged for 30 kg.
- Season ticket is issued to the Blind, collecting 50% of II class public fare.
- Orthopaedically handicapped persons who cannot travel without escort are eligible for concession from any station to any station.
- Percentage of concession:
- AC I Class and AC 2 Tier - 50%
- Other classes - 75%
- They are eligible for concession in all classes and by all trains except Rajdhani and Shatabdi trains.
- Escort is compulsory. Escort is also given the same concession.
- Passenger having this concession ticket found traveling without escort would be treated as traveling without ticket.
- A certificate in the prescribed form should be obtained from a Govt. Doctor.
- Validity of the certificate:
- Any Age
- 5 Year
- Upto 25 Years
- 26 to 35 Years
- Above 35 Years
- 5 Years
- 10 Years
- A photo copy of the certificate may be accepted and verified with the original certificate.
- The passenger should carry the original certificate while traveling. Otherwise he will be treated as traveling without ticket.
- Season tickets are issued on 50% concession to orthopaedically handicapped persons and their escorts. A combined ticket will be issued.
- Invalid chair/tri cycle/tri-cycle fitted with motor of a handicapped person shall be carried 'free' on production of a doctor certificate. The same can be carried as ICP if foldable and in BV if not foldable.
- An Orthopaedically handicapped child below 5 years shall be carried free while the escort will be given 50% or 75% concession according to the class of travel.
|Nature of Handicap||
Age of the passenger
in the certificate
- Cancer and T.B. patients are eligible for concession in the following circumstances:
- Travel from home town to get admission in the recognized hospital.
- Travel to home town after discharge from the hospital
- Travel between hometown and recognized hospital for periodical checkup/re-examination.
- Travel between two recognized hospitals for the purpose of re-examination.
- Concession allowed:
- Cancer patients 50% in 1A & 2A & 75% in other classes.
- T.B. patients 75% in I/SL/II classes.
- They may take one escort also in the same class on concession.
- A certificate in the prescribed for issued by the recognized cancer institute/T.B. sanatorium should be produced in original.
- Validity of certificate:
- Cancer patient - Outward journey - One year, Return journey - 3 Months
- T.B. Patient - (Both directions) - 3 Months
- The escort of a child patient below 5 years shall be given 75% concession while the child is carried free.