Gaya Junction railway station is a junction station serving the city of Gaya, the headquarters of Gaya district and Magadh Division in the Indian state of Bihar. Gaya Junction Railway Station code is GAYA. Gaya is in the Mugalsarai Rail Division of the East Central Railway zone. Several years before the Grand Chord was built, a connection from the Howrah-Delhi main line to Gaya was developed in 1900 and the South Bihar Railway Company (operated by EIR) had laid a line from Lakhisarai to Gaya in 1879. The Grand Chord was opened on 6 December 1906.
Gaya railway station address : 823002, Railway Station Road, Gol Bagicha, Gaya, Bihar 823001.
Gaya railway station phone number or enquiry number : 0631-2220283
- Vishnupad Temple : 3.1 kms from Gaya Railway Station
- Gaya Museum : 2.5 kms from Gaya Railway Station
- Metta Buddharam Temple : 11.7 kms from Gaya Railway Station
- Mahabodhi Temple : 14 kms from Gaya Railway Station
- Dungeshwari Cave : 12.7 kms from Gaya Railway Station
|Public Transport||Yes, 24 hrs.|
|Retiring/Dormitory Rooms||Click here, (How to book)|
There are 9 platforms in the Gaya Junction and the platform 10 is under construction. There are 1 Pilgrim Platform also, where the pilgrim train stop. The platforms are interconnected with foot over bridges (FOB). It has three foot over bridge.
Nearest Airport of Gaya Junction Railway Station is Gaya Airport, Bihar. Distance from Gaya Junction Railway Station to Gaya Airport is 11 kms.
Distance from Gaya Junction Railway Station to Gaya Bus Stand is 4.6 kms.
Taxis and autorickshaws are available from the exit gates of railway station to anywhere in city.
- Hotel Darbar International : 210 m from Gaya Railway Station
- Hotel Grand Palace : 190 m from Gaya Railway Station
- Hotel Vrindavan Vihar : 1.8 kms from Gaya Railway Station
- Sukhdeo Palace (Hotel and Resort) : 4.7 kms from Gaya Railway Station