Visakhapatnam railway station is a major railway station located in Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh, India. Visakhapatnam railway station code is VSKP. The railway station is under the control of East Coast Railway of Indian Railways. It stands on the Howrah-Chennai main line, though the mainline bypasses Visakhapatnam Central Station. Consequently, a suburban halt on the mainline near Vizag Steel Plant, known as Duvvada, is being developed into a major station to improve services for the city.
The city's railway station was originally called Waltair railway station. In around 1987, Mr. D. V. Subbarao, the then mayor of Visakhapatnam, changed the name to Visakhapatnam which is largest railway station under east coast railway and A1 category station. Visakhapatnam railway station is administered by the East Coast Railway of Indian Railways and is the headquarters for the Waltair Railway Division. It will be de-linked from East Coast Railway once a new railway zone for Andhra Pradesh is formed and will be part of new zone according to AP Reorganisation act 2014.
Address of Visakhapatnam Railway Station : Gnanapuram, Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh - 530004
- INS Kursura : 5.8 km from Visakhapatnam Rly Station
- Sivaji Park : 6.3 km from Visakhapatnam Rly Station
- Indira Gandhi Zoological Park : 10.6 km from Visakhapatnam Rly Station
- Kailasagiri : 13.4 km from Visakhapatnam Rly Station
- Visakha Museum : 6.6 km from Visakhapatnam Rly Station
Distance from Visakhapatna Railway Station to Visakha Museum & RK Beach is 6.6 km & 4.3 km. For local sightseeing of Visakhapatnam, full day cab rental service useful for the traveler, who wants to travel within Visakhapatnam city that covers Visakhapatnam local sightseeing. You can have this facility from various locations of Visakhapatnam like Visakhapatnam airport, railway station, bus stand, hotels etc.
|Retiring/ Dormitory Rooms||Click here, (How to book)|
Distance between Visakhapatnam Railway Station and Visakhapatnam International Airport is 9.1 kms or 5.6 miles.
- It takes 10 minutes to travel from Visakhapatnam Railway Station to Visakhapatnam International Airport.
Distance between Visakhapatnam Railway Station and Bus Stand is 4 kms or 2.5 miles. It takes 4 minutes to travel from Visakhapatnam Railway Station to Bus Stand.
Auto rickshaw stand at the entrance of the station. Entrance of the station the passengers are provided with a taxi stand for the city taxis and private taxi cabs.
- The Park Hotel : 6.6 km from Visakhapatnam Rly Station
- Fortune Inn Sree Kanya : 2.8 km from Visakhapatnam Rly Station
- Four Points by Sheraton : 4.1 km from Visakhapatnam Rly Station
- The Gateway Hotel Beach Road : 4.3 km from Visakhapatnam Rly Station
- Hotel Novotel Visakhapatnam Varun Beach : 4.1 km from Visakhapatnam Rly Station