Ludhiana railway station is located in Ludhiana district in the Indian state of Punjab and serves Ludhiana . It is located in about the centre of the city and is among the most busiest railway stations of Punjab. It is also among the most cleaned railway stations of India.
The Sind, Punjab and Delhi railway completed the 483 km (300 mi) long Amritsar - Ambala Cantt - Saharanpur - Meerut - Ghaziabad line in 1870 connecting Multan (now in Pakistan) with Delhi.
The Ludhiana-Jakhal line was laid in 1901, possibly by the Southern Punjab Railway Co.
The extension from the Macleodganj (later renamed Mandi Sadiqganj and now in Pakistan) railway line to Ludhiana was opened by the Southern Punjab Railway Company in 1905.
Ludhiana Junction Railway Station Address : Gandhi Nagar, Civil Lines, Ludhiana, Punjab 141001
Ludhiana Junction Railway Station Helpline Numbers : 0161-2760006,
- Rose Garden : 2.5 km from Ludhiana Junction Rly Station
- Phillaur Fort : 14.6 km from Ludhiana Junction Rly Station
- Vishkarma Park : 4.0 km from Ludhiana Junction Rly Station
- Laxmi Narayan Mandir : 5.8 km from Ludhiana Junction Rly Station
Phillaur is a town and a municipal council as well as a tehsil in Jalandhar district in the Indian state of Punjab.
Phillaur is the railway junction on the border line of Ludhiana and Jalandhar Cantonment (older spelling: Jullundar). It was a junction for Lohian and Ferozepur. In pre-partition days, it was the main timber market of Punjab Region. It is situated on the banks of River Satluj (Sanskrit word: Shatuddru), one of the seven rivers of Sapt Sindhu river system. The timber cut in higher regions of Shivalik range was thrown into the River Satluj and then collected at Phillaur for further transportation. The dedicated railway line survives to this day but it is not functional. The town stands on the highway of traditional Grant Trunk Road (G. T. Road or Sher Suri Marg, now National Highway 1 - NH. 1). The actual G. T. Road passes through Phillaur. The older path of actual G. T. Road still survives along the railway bridge which crosses over to Ludhiana.
This town was named by a Sanghera Jut called Phul who named it earlier is Phulnagar. However the Naru Rajputs, sent by Rai Shahr, occupied this town when Shahr's son Ratan Pal left Mau and settled in Phillaur.
During Sher Shah Suri times (1540-1545 A. D.), a Sarai (for trading and military purpose) was raised at Phillaur. The Sarai was again revived by Mughal Emperor Shahjahan (1627-1657 A. D.) and used as Postal Center (Dak ghar) and Military camp. After the Treaty of Amritsar of 1809 between Ranjit Singh and the British East India Company, it became the border post of the Lahore Empire of Ranjit Singh. It was kept under Raja Dhanpat Rai who also acted as his munshi for the lands across the River Sutluj which fell in Ludhiana (made military cantonment by British in 1842). The Sarai was converted into a fort as an outpost. Presently, the fort is called Ranjit Singh Fort. It is now being used as Police Training Academy (PTA). The Finger Print Bureau (1892) in police academy is one of the oldest institution in the region.
|Retiring/ Dormitory Rooms||Click Here, (How to book)|
Distance between Ludhiana Junction Railway and Ludhiana Airport, NH 1, Near Zimidaran Dhaba is 13.2 kms.
Distance between Ludhiana Railway Station and Ludhiana Bus Stand is 3 kms or 1.9 miles.
Prepaid Taxi and autorickshaws are available to anywhere from both sides of Ludhiana Junction Railway Station.
- Park Plaza Ludhiana : 2.7 km from Ludhiana Junction Rly Station
- Regenta Central Klassik : 1.6 km from Ludhiana Junction Rly Station
- A - Hotel : 2.8 km from Ludhiana Junction Rly Station
- Hotel The Taksonz : 0.4 km from Ludhiana Junction Rly Station
- Hotel Samrat : 1.7 km from Ludhiana Junction Rly Station