Stay in hotel
After arriving in varanasi railway station take taxi for hotel, if hotel not booked take auto-rickshaw(₹100), cycle-rickshaw(₹50) or taxi(₹200-300) for Dashashwamedh Ghat, Prepaid autorickshaw and taxi services also available from railway station. Taxi and rickshaws are not allowed in Dashashwamedh ghat after 9am to 9pm road is closed by police due to high pedestrian traffic, taxi or rickshaw driver will drop you at Godaulia chowk walk towards Dashashwamedh ghat(500 meters) or old city and find suitable hotel for you, one can find budget hotel under ₹ 400-500 and mid range hotels ₹ 800-1200.
- Stops Hostel (Budget hotel)
- Brown Bread Bakery Guesthouse (Mid rang)
- Brijrama Palace (Luxury)
return to Dashashwamedh Ghat before 6pm for river Ganga aarti. This is enough for today go to your hotel and take some rest.
- Kashi Vishwanath Temple (free, foreigners not allowed, sunrise to sunset)
- Dashashwamedh Ghat (free, 24X7)
- Man Singh Observatory (Indian,SAARC,BIMSTEC/foreigner ₹15/200, all days, Sunrise to Sunset)
- Manikarnika Ghat (free, 24X7)
- Scindia Ghat (free, 24X7)
Check out from hotel and start your journey from Dashashwamedh Ghat towards Assi ghat
- Harishchandra Ghat (free, 24X7)
- Assi Ghat (free, 24X7)
- Banaras Hindu University (free, 24X7)
- Ram Nagar Fort (Indian/foreigner ₹20/150, all days, 10am-5:30pm)
- Dhamekh Stupa (Indian,SAARC,BIMSTEC/foreigner ₹15/200, all days, Sunrise to Sunset, all days, )
- Archaeological Museum (₹5 for all, all days, 9am-5pm)
- Mulgandha Kuti Vihar (₹25 for all, all days, 6am-6pm)
Wake up earlier so you can reach assi ghat before 8 o'clock, on the way you will see Harishchandra Ghat.Hindus from distant places bring the dead bodies of their loved ones to the Harish Chandra Ghat for cremation. In Hindu mythology it is believed that if a person is cremated at the Harish Chandra Ghat, that person gets "moksha".
After Assi ghat visit BHU then go to Ram nagar Fort. after ram nagar fort procceed to sarnath. Shared autorickshaw (₹20) is available from lanka crossing and durgakund (near assi ghat and BHU) to Varanasi railway station, an auto will charge ₹ 120-150 from varanasi station to sarnath, local buses also available for sarnath(₹ 20) but you may wait at least 30 minutes. Transport also available from varanasi station to mughal sarai railway station a shared auto will cost ₹ 30 and shared tata magic ₹ 20. train service also available from varanasi station to sarnath railway station click here
Sarnath to mughal sarai railway station is about 18km far take an autorickshaw to catch your train from mugha sarail railway station.
Tatkal booking for 3AC/CC opens at 10AM and for SL opens at 11AM