Thrissur railway station (station Code is TCR) is the largest railway station serving Thrissur city in Kerala, India. It is the busiest railway station in Kerala state. This is because it lies on the Shoranur – Cochin Harbour section, which is one of the busiest railway corridors in Kerala. It has three satellite station, Punkunnam railway station and two minor stations, Ollur railway station and Mulankunnathukavu railway station. Thrissur Railway Station also connects to the temple town of Guruvayur by Thrissur-Guruvayur Section.
- Athirappilly Waterfalls : 57.4 kms from Thrissur Rly Station
- Vadakkunnathan Temple : 2.3 kms from Thrissur Rly Station
- Vazhachal Falls : 62.2 kms from Thrissur Rly Station
- Vilangan Kunnu : 8.9 kms from Thrissur Rly Station
- Heritage Garden : 2.5 kms from Thrissur Rly Station
|Retiring/ Dormitory Rooms||Click here, (How to book)|
There are no airports in Thrissur City and the nearest airport is Cochin International Airport at Nedumbassery which is located 50 km. Direct domestic flights are available to major Indian cities like Chennai, New Delhi, Mumbai, Bangalore and Kolkata.
- Distance between Thrissur Railway Station and Cochin International Airport is 52 kms or 32.3 miles.
Distance between Thrissur Ksrtc Bus Stand and Thrissur Railway Station is 1 kms or 0.6 miles.
Auto rickshaw stand at the entrance of the station. Entrance of the station the passengers are provided with a taxi stand for the city taxis and private taxi cabs.
Location: Railway Station Road, Veliyannur, Thrissur, Kerala Pin - 680021
- Joys Palace : 0.5 km from Thrissur Rly Station
- Chand V Residency : 23.3 km from Thrissur Rly Station
- Sukumara Homestay : 26.7 km from Thrissur Rly Station
- Meiveda Ayurveda Beach Resort : 36.9 km from Thrissur Rly Station