Coimbatore Junction Railway Station, also known as Coimbatore Main or Coimbatore city is the primary railway station serving Coimbatore city. Coimbatore Junction Railway Station code is CBE. Train service in Coimbatore started in 1861, upon the construction of the Podanur – Madras line connecting Kerala and the west coast with the rest of India. It is one of the major train stations in South India and the second busiest and revenue yielding railway station in Tamil Nadu after Chennai Central. It is one of the A1 graded station in the Southern Railway. This station comes under the jurisdiction of Salem division of Southern Railways and contributes to 45% of the revenues of the zone. It is one of the top booking stations in India according to Indian Railways.
Coimbatore railway station address : State Bank Road, Gopalapuram, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu 641018.
Coimbatore railway station phone number or enquiry number : 0422-2301301.
- Marudamalai Temple : 14 kms from Coimbatore railway station
- Adiyogi Shiva : 29.4 kms from Coimbatore railway station
- Arulmigu Patteeswarar Swamy Temple : 6.9 kms from Coimbatore railway station
- Lotus Temple : 16 kms from Coimbatore railway station
- Dhyanalinga Temple : 31.3 kms from Coimbatore railway station
|Yes, 24 hrs.
|Click here, (How to book)
Coimbatore railway station nearest airport is Coimbatore International Airport, Coimbatore. Distance from Coimbatore railway station to Coimbatore Airport is 11 kms.
Coimbatore railway station to Coimbatore bus stand distance is 18 kms. It takes approx 21 minutes to travel from Coimbatore Junction Railway Station to Coimbatore Bus Stand.
Prepaid Taxi and autorickshaws are available to anywhere from both sides of Coimbatore Railway Station.
- Hotel Le Grand : 3.2 km from Coimbatore railway station
- Hotel Venition Inn : 2.9 km from Coimbatore railway station
- Sri Guru Inn : 3.3 km from Coimbatore railway station
- Hotel Vinayak : 0.35 km from Coimbatore railway station
- Plaza Inn : 0.35 km from Coimbatore railway station