Station Code: PUNE
Pune Junction railway station addressis Agarkar Nagar, Pune, Maharashtra 411001
Pune Junction railway station code is PUNE, Pune is one of the main junction of Maharashtra it is a railway junction with on the Pune – Chennai railway line. It is also the origin of Pune – Bengaluru railway line. The Mumbai – Pune railway line was completed in 1856 and Pune railway station was opened. This was the time when the first train ran from Pune railway station. The Pune – Miraj line was completed by 1886.
Indian Railways are planning to start High-speed rail in India. Pune-Ahmedabad Bullet train is one of these trains. This train is expected to cover 533 km at an average speed of 350 km/h. This train will stop at Mumbai. Currently Pune-Ahmedabad section takes 10 hrs by rail. This distance would be covered in just 1 hrs 52 min with the introduction of this bullet train. This train is expected to cover Pune to Mumbai in 40 min.
- Shaniwar Wada 3.5km from Pune Junction railway station
- Pune Okayama Friendship Garden 7.9km from Pune Junction railway station
- Rajiv Gandhi Zoological Park 10.7km from Pune Junction railway station
- Sinhagad Fort 32km from Pune Junction railway station
- Rajgad Fort 67km from Pune Junction railway station
|Retiring/ Dormitory Rooms||Click here, (How to book)|
Cloak Room:- Cloak Room is located at the North side of the 1st Platform