Surat Railway Station, (Station Code is ST), is a railway station serving Surat, beside Gothangam, Kosad, Uttran, Udhna Junction, Bhestan, Niol and Sachin. It is under the administrative control of Western Railway zone of the Indian Railways. It is on the Ahmedabad Railway Station-Vadodara-Mumbai rail route. The railway station was built in 1860.
In early 2016, the Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation rated the facility the best large station in India based on cleanliness. Railway station of surat is on first floor. The nearest international airport is Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel International Airport (278 kilometres (173 mi)) and Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport Mumbai. The nearest domestic airport is Surat Airport.
Address of Surat Railway Station : Railway Station Area, Varachha, Surat, Gujarat - 395003
- Sardar Patel Museum : 7.8 kms from Surat Rly Station
- Science Centre Surat : 7.9 kms from Surat Rly Station
- Amaazia Water Park : 4.1 kms from Surat Rly Station
- Ambika Niketan Temple : 8.6 kms from Surat Rly Station
- Dumas Beach : 22.3 kms from Surat Rly Station
|Retiring/ Dormitory Rooms||Click here, (How to book)|
Distance between Surat Airport and Surat Railway Station is 17 kms or 10.6 miles. It takes 20 minutes to travel from Surat Airport to Surat Railway Station.
Distance between Surat Railway Station and Surat Gsrtc Bus Stand is 2 kms or 1.2 miles. It takes 2 minutes to travel from Surat Railway Station to Surat Gsrtc Bus Stand.
Auto rickshaw stand at the entrance of the station. Entrance of the station the passengers are provided with a taxi stand for the city taxis and private taxi cabs.
- The Taj Gateway Hotel Athwa Lines : 8.0 km from Surat Rly Station
- The Grand Bhagwati : 14.4 km from Surat Rly Station
- Hotel Sifat International : 800 m from Surat Rly Station
- Hotel Grand Pragati : 1.3 km from Surat Rly Station
- Hotel King's Heritage : 700 m from Surat Rly Station